[Printing-architecture] [Printing-summit] Print Dialog: Preview Processing: Only A Question

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 07:17:47 PDT 2009

The only things which the dialog can make use of to poll from the CUPS
server or the printer is the PPD to list options and choices and to make
the preview giving an impression on what at least some known options
affect on the printout and perhaps the loaded papers sizes/types polled
from the printer to reflect them somehow in the preview. But we always
need to be prepared to not be able to access this info and thenm we need
to make the best out of what we have.

    Till