[Printing-architecture] [Printing-summit] Print Dialog:PreviewProcessing: Only A Question

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Fri Apr 24 14:20:50 PDT 2009

(I know I start getting hate mail....)

My understanding is the same a Michael; printer drivers typically
(mostly, almost always, 'only') accept/expect sRGB.  So, as a starting
place can we say printer driver will be accepting sRGB

BUT

can we also define the approach, design, details of accepting other
inputs.  It may already exist; if so, lets use it as a
stepping-stone/staring-place.   If we can design the hooks in now, it
will be a whole lot easier later.  This is a good area for the CM people
to provide input the printer-driver folk.

For driver developer the real question is how much effort and code will
it take to support.  Also, for at least inkjet processing time can be
critical.

At some point the filter folks need to be involved if something new is
defined.

Glen