[Printing-architecture] Updated PPD extensions

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 11:58:10 PDT 2009

Hi,

to fulfill the needs of Peter's last dialog UI design, there is a field
in the dialog now for short descriptions of the quick presets. To allow
individual, user-friendy help texts there (and not simply list the
options which get set by the quick preset) I have added the new

*APPrinterPresetDescription <choice>: "<description>"

keyword and translations for it. I also added fallback rules for filling
the description field when the new keyword is not used or when the
presets come from a fallback (like the PrintoutMode option in Foomatic
PPDs).

For multi-function printers I have added the new widget hint
"faxnumber", so that one can tell that a string option represents a fax
number and so one can add a button to the string input field which opens
the user's address book.

See all the changes in

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/PPDExtensions

Click "History" at the bottom to visualize only the changes.

Please take these new extensions into account for the dialog.