[Printing-architecture] [Gimp-print-devel] [Openicc] Colour

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Nov 15 19:53:20 PST 2009

On Nov 15, 2009, at 4:33 PM, Michael Sweet wrote:
> Well, last time *I* tried to print a target on Windows I had the same Epson driver problems that you'll find on Mac OS X - the Epson color controls were still used, making the target print useless.

It is true that on Windows the user should choose a different LUT than the default which on current drivers is Epson Standard (sRGB). But the printed target isn't useless. You'll actually make a profile that works correctly, although it is restricted in gamut. However, in-gamut colors reproduce correctly.

The problem I'm referring to that does not happen on Windows is ICM getting involved when it's not asked to. That's been a regular problem on OS X, even if it's manifested itself in different ways.

Chris Murphy