[Printing-architecture] [Openicc] [Gimp-print-devel] Colour

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Nov 16 12:16:41 PST 2009

On Nov 16, 2009, at 12:36 PM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> There will be people who complain about the missed capability to hand
> tweak their colours. This is quite natural. A way to satisfy those
> demand is to support effect profiles, which fits well with the point
> above.

Abstract profiles could do these kinds of edits in the PCS. Either as an advanced  panel of sliders that institute edits in the PCS - a sort of on-the-fly abstract class  profile. Or a separate means of creating them and just allow a pop-up menu of selections. I like the slider approach.

I think it's important to not have effects baked into output device profiles.

Chris Murphy