[Printing-architecture] Problem with cupsCommand

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 10:00:39 PST 2010

On 03/05/2010 06:21 PM, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 17:36 +0100, Till Kamppeter wrote:
>> But on the other side I have tested with a lot of print queues and found
>> out that only for native PostScript printers (no *cupsFilter line) and
>> for printers with explicit *cupsFilter line for a command filter in the
>> PPD support the application/vnd.cups-command input format
>
> That's not what I'm seeing.  e.g. with a CUPS-1.4.2 server with a queue
> for "HP PSC 2210 Foomatic/hpijs", advertising the queue using CUPS
> browsing packets, and a CUPS-1.4.2 client discovering that queue, the
> client says it supports application/vnd.cups-command (even though the
> server does not).

My tests were only on one machine, I did not check how the queues get
advertized on remote clients. What I expect is that on a remote client
EXACTLY the same input data types are accepted, as all the filtering
happens on the server. If this is not the case, then you should report a
CUPS bug. Best is you now report a new bug telling that the range of
accepted data types on server and client is different, once supporting
application/vnd.cups-command and once not supporting it.