[Printing-architecture] Google Summer of Code 2010 - Student Application Deadline has passed

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 14:39:31 PDT 2010

Hi,

now we have a lot of student applications and to assure that we get
enough slots for all students we want to actually mentor, we need to
assign mentors to the students until MONDAY at the latest.

In addition, applications which are obviously spam should be marked
ineligible, also until MONDAY at the latest.

Incomplete proposals should only be ranked down, not marked ineligible.

Please check which students are interesting for you to mentor, and feel
free to mentor more than one student if there are many good applications.

If you are not registered as a mentor yet, do so ASAP. To do so, do the
following:

1. Make sure you have a Google account and you are able to log in.

2. Log in on http://socghop.appspot.com/ with your Google account.

3. If you have no user profile for the Google Summer of Code yet, create
one. If you have a user profile already from one of the previous GSoCs,
reuse this profile.

4. Under "Programs" -> "GSoC 2010" in the menu on the left you should
find an entry "Apply to become a Mentor" now. Click it. You will now
have to select the mentoring organization. It is the Linux Foundation
(Link ID: "lf"). After submitting your mentor application I will get a
notification so that I can approve it. You should get a notification
that I have approved you. After that you have to fill your mentor
profile. Only having done so you get a mentor and can assign yourself as
mentor for one or more students. To make it easier for me to recognize
your GSoC user name, send me an e-mail when you apply to get a mentor.

5. Assure that every good student application has a mentor assigned (not
only proposed).

Take more students than you really want to mentor for the case that the
"real" mentor is not available to assign some of the good students to
him until Monday. We can reassign mentors later, no we only need to
assign to secure good applications and slots.