[Printing-architecture] Updates for auto-downloadable printer packages

yuji.saito at avasys.jp yuji.saito at avasys.jp
Thu Dec 2 22:16:16 PST 2010

Hi, Till.

-----Original Message-----
From: Till Kamppeter [mailto:till.kamppeter at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 1:56 AM

> In addition, I have updated "mkrepodeb" fixing some bugs. Please
> re-download it if you have already used it:
>
> http://www.openprinting.org/download/printdriver/debian/mkrepodeb

I checked the fixed "mkrepodeb" script.
I noticed that the components in the deb repository have been changed.

In the old OpenPrinting deb package repository (and in our current
repository[1]),
all driver packages had been included in the "main" component.

But the current OpenPrinting deb package repository[2] has 4 components, and
driver packages under "main-nonfree" and "contrib" are not included in
"main".
  * main
  * main-nonfree
  * contrib
  * lsbddk

From what you said before, I understood that in OpenPrinting "main" will
contain all packages (including non-free driver packages). Did the
specification
change?

If so, could you tell me the exact meaning of the 4 components above. Also,
in
the future, I would appreciate it if we could be notified ahead of time of
any
changes that might affect external repository maintainers like us.

[1]
http://linux.avasys.jp/drivers/lsb/epson-inkjet/stable/debian/dists/lsb3.2/
[2] http://www.openprinting.org/download/printdriver/debian/dists/lsb3.2/

--
Yuji Saito <yuji.saito at avasys.jp>
Linux Driver Team, ES1G, ES Business Division