[Printing-architecture] OpenPrinting Summit 2011: April 6-8, 2011 in San Francisco, CA (on LF Summit)

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 13:45:21 PST 2011

Hi,

the next Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit is announced! It will
take place at April 6-8, 2011 in San Francisco, CA. We will do the next
OpenPrinting Summit in parallel, and directly after the Printing Working
Group Meeting at Apple in Cupertino, CA (April 4-6), so you can travel
once and attend two important events about printing!

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/openprinting-summit-san-francisco-2011

Proposed agenda items:

     * Short tutorial: Providing signed binary printer driver packages
       for automatic download (first distribution with automatic
       download: Ubuntu 11.04 to be released end of April)
     * Common Printing Dialog - Presentation of the Release Candidate.
       Dialog to get into the Linux distributions this fall.
     * Mobile Printing
     * Color Management - Make use of Ghostscript's new ICC support
     * PDF Printing Workflow - Nearly completed
     * Joint meeting with the LSB workgroup
     * Quality Assurance - New bugs, regression testing, loss of features
     * 2011's Major Issues in Linux Printing - Update of our discussion
       of 2006

Reserve the date!

I hope we all will meet in San Francisco in April.