[Printing-architecture] Common Printing Dialog and color management

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 09:33:41 PST 2011

On 24 February 2011 17:23, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> We need to assume something, what's it going to be? This is probably sRGB for any desktop inkjet printer...

This is something I've been struggling with for the last couple of
days. I think it's sane to assume the default profile to use with
untagged content or for a missing device profile is going to be sRGB.
Does this even need to be configurable?

If yes, is it device-specific, user specific or system specific?
Surely if you're worried about the default fallback colorspace, you
might as well manually assign the specific output profile to the
specific device and then you don't care about the fallback anymore.

Richard.