[Printing-architecture] Ubuntu Natty the first distribution which does automatic download of binary printer driver packages

yuji.saito at avasys.jp yuji.saito at avasys.jp
Thu Feb 24 23:00:37 PST 2011

Hi, Till.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:38:13 +0900, "Till Kamppeter" wrote:
> Saito-san,
>
> is your problem solved now? Can you now auto-download the Epson drivers
> if you are behind a proxy?

I'm sorry for the late reply.

On Feb 18, I upgraded the system and tested automatic-download in the
proxy environment.  But it failed. When I checked the cause of
problem, it seems to be the problem not only in the system but also in
my test environment.  Now I am still investigating.

By the way, system-config-printer became 1.3.1, and it disabled debug
option "-setup-printer" and "--devid". (It's not a bug but inconvenience
for developer, I think.) Therefore I tested with the actual printer.
But system-config-printer didn't start when I plugged the printer.

Regards,

Saito

--
Yuji Saito <yuji.saito at avasys.jp>
Linux Driver Team, ES1G, ES Business Division