[Printing-architecture] [Printing-summit] Linux Foundation Summit Schedules are out

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Tue Mar 8 15:29:36 PST 2011

< ... snip ... >

Perhaps we could also arrange a joint meeting with MeeGo as part of our
mobile session. WDYT?

[gwp] What subjects are you thinking about discussing?  I have not been
following MeeGo; so, some or all of the questions below may already be
known.

Ideas

-- What is their print...
	1. model?
	2. system?
	3. path?

-- Is print management ...
	1. Not required!?
	2. Simple?
	3. Application supported/implemented?
	4. CUPS?
	5. A mini-CUPS? (is that a tea cup(s) :-))

-- Are they wanting ...
	1. Driver-less printing?
	2. Printing via the Cloud? (Only)
	3. GhostScript support?
	3. All or a combination of the above?

-- What kind of user print interface they are considering; ...
	1. A simple print button (just print)?
	2. Smart print buttons?
	3. A simple print dialog?
	4. A simple with optional complex print dialog?

-- Any idea if they are considering; ...
	1. A job-ticket/print-content model?
	2. PDF print (however it needs to be done)?
	3. Only page (document) image (some call it raster) print?
	4. All or a combination of the above?