[Printing-architecture] Google Summer of Code 2011 - The Linux Foundation is Accepted as Mentoring Organization

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 10:52:36 PDT 2011

On 03/20/2011 07:29 PM, John Layt wrote:
> Excellent!  I've posted an entry for the CPD on the KDE GSoC wiki linking back
> to your page.  We've been the largest GSoC mentoring organisation for the last
> couple of years so we get a lot of traffic and potential students, hopefully
> this will send a few more candidates your way.  I'll also post a blog to
> PlanetKDE to give it more attention.

Thank you very much. This will hopefully direct more students to the CPD
projects.

Probably you will also get some students who want to do something with
KDE, apply for one of your project ideas but you decide for another
student. Do not turn away these students, offer them the CPD projects as
alternative.

You can also copy the CPD project ideas into your ideas list and if the
students apply through your mentoring org, we can also mentor them
through your org, you simply need to make us also mentors for KDE. We
already have one project which is posted in both OpenPrinting and
OpenICC. Very important with duplicate postings is that the applications
at the different orgs get visible to the mentors of the other org, so
that the best of the applications to both orgs will get taken.