[Printing-architecture] Nokia is loaning out N950 devkits, I've applied, does anyone else have meego hardware?

Daniel Dressler danieru.dressler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 14:01:18 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I noticed today that Nokia is taking applications for N950 devkits. This
devkit is special because it runs Meego. Meego being a purer linux stack vs
android.

My thoughts being that a hardware meego device would be helpful for CPD on
mobile and I would like to investigate the meego printing stack. Personally
I want to see Meego succeed because it is very similar to linux as we know
on it on the desktop and as such the development environment is very similar
to what you would use for QT on the desktop.

Nokia is offering these units with the intention of filling the meego app
store. I have an application that is almost ready to be shipped so I've
applied for a load unit hopfully that is good enough to get a unit.

I know Intel had dev units of native meego hardware a while ago, did anyone
get one of these? Has anyone had contact with the meego project or
experience with their printing stack?

Daniel