[Printing-architecture] ANOTHER CHANGE - OP US/Europe Tuesday 16 August 2011

Daniel Dressler danieru.dressler at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 22:10:32 UTC 2011

Hello Ira, and the mailing list,

If possible I would like to add two things to the agenda in addition to my
regular report:

-. What is the status of the three GSoC projects related to openprinting?

-. I think we should think of some new projects for our wishlist. Currently
openprinting's wish-list consists of jtapi, CPD, and a wrapper for windows
printer drivers.

Both jtapi and CPD now have someone working on them. And even the summery of
the driver wrapper admits that it would be an ambitious project. These
projects have high barriers to entry and have been on our list for several
years.

I intend to participate next year potential working on jtapi or CPD,
depending on how things progress in the next 8 months. The issue I
anticipate is that we lack projects with low barriers to entry and this
reduces our chances of getting new students.

Are there any projects that openprinting has contemplated in the past but
never documented?

Daniel