[Printing-architecture] IN 10 MINUTES: OP US/Europe - Tuesday 16 August 2011

Daniel Dressler danieru.dressler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 16:42:24 UTC 2011

Speed difference of sqlite vs xml backed foomatic-db-engine

Overview steps:
ppdfile list with xml backend 9s
ppdfile list with sqlite 3s

Generate ppd:
./foomatic-ppdfile -p Xerox-WorkCentre_PE120 -d pxlmono with xml 1.33s
./foomatic-ppdfile -p Xerox-WorkCentre_PE120 -d pxlmono with sqlite 0.23s

Daniel