[Printing-architecture] IN 10 MINUTES: OP US/Europe - Tuesday 16 August 2011

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 18:08:38 UTC 2011

Thank you. Using pyppd-compressed PPD archives the listing of the PPD
files take well less than a second on my computer and extracting the
mentioned PPD file takes the same order of magnitude of time as SQLite.

For most CUPS users the pyppd solution is the best due to the speed. The
SQLite solution has its place for the Debian users who use LPRng as the
print spooler or for sys admins who often need to do changes on the
Foomatic database and also quick access for setting up printers.

    Till