[Printing-architecture] Printing in Qt/KDE

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Thu Oct 27 17:20:24 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 22 Jun 2011 23:49:12 John Layt wrote:
> You may have heard that Qt have decided the forthcoming Qt 4.8 release will
> be the last in the Qt4 series and will be followed by Qt5, the first
> release under the new OpenGovernance development model.

Hi,

Just as a follow up to this, you may have seen that Nokia has now launched the
Qt Open Governance project at qt-project.org and if you look closely enough
you will see I have been appointed maintainer of the QPrinter module.
Basically it means I am now responsible for the ongoing maintenance of
QPrinter in Qt 4.8, and have the final say on any new code going into QPrinter
from Qt 5 onwards.  So if you have any issues with Qt printing, you know who
to kick :-)

With regards to future plans not much has changed, my time is tied up with
other stuff for Qt 5.0 so I'm starting with a bug triage for now, with new
code to come in 5.1 or 5.2.

Cheers!

John.