[Printing-architecture] Agenda - OP US/Europe - Wednesday 9 November 2011
till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 21:09:41 UTC 2011
[ Re-sending, as Ira sent this mail into the black hole
printing-architecture at lists.freestandards.org, also some remarks added ]
Our next OP meeting will be *this* Wednesday on 9 November.
Minutes from last month's OP call are archived at:
(1) OP Logistics - Status of LF Infrastructure (Till Kamppeter)
OpenPrinting web server is back: Automatic downloads and OpenPrinting DB
web site work again, HPLIP plugin download works again, audio recordings
of last two meetings are uploaded. BZR for Foomatic and CPD is not back
yet (will be done this week).
(2) Status of Common Printing Dialog (Lars Uebernickel)
(3) Status of Mobile Print project (Glen Petrie)
(4) PWG Highlights for Open Printing (Ira McDonald)
- PWG meeting on 6-8 December at Dell in Austin, TX
(5) Ubuntu Developer Summit (UDS) in Orlando
- PostScript as standard print job format deprecated:
- Ubuntu Precise will support Google Cloud Print, easily accessible for
users via GNOME System Settings
- Ubuntu One will support Google Cloud Print and HP ePrint
- Ubuntu Precise will probably still use system-config-printer as
GNOME's new tool is missing too many important features.
- Common Print Dialog will come in Q. Q. (12.10).
- Mirror of OpenPrinting at Canonical is in the works.
November 2011 - US/Europe - OP Monthly Meeting
- Note - European Summer Time ends on 30 October 2011
- Note - US Daylight Time ended on 6 November 2011
- Wednesday 9 November 2011, Daytime
9am in San Francisco - US PST (Pacific Standard Time)
10am in Colorado - US MST (Mountain Standard Time)
11am in Chicago - US CST (Central Standard Time)
12pm in New York - US EST (Eastern Standard Time)
6pm in Berlin - CET (Central European Time)
* Main Number (Till Kamppeter, LF, leader)
International: +1-218-936-7999 <tel:%2B1-218-936-7999>
Access Code: 491659#
More information about the Printing-architecture