[Printing-architecture] printerd

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:39:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

Tim Waugh has developed a new piece of printing infrastructure. It is
some D-Bus service owned by the desktop user which takes PDF print jobs
from the application and dispatching it to CUPS, Google Cloud, network
printers, ...

This could especially solve problems like per-user print destinations
like Google Cloud Print printers.

Tim has put up some slides

http://cyberelk.net/tim/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/printerd.pdf

Could we let him present them in some session of the OpenPrinting Summit?

Here is a link with some more background info

http://cyberelk.net/tim/2012/03/08/session-printing/

and first code:

https://gitorious.org/printerd

    Till