[Printing-architecture] IPP Everywhere: How to make CUPS queue so that applications can use these printers

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Jan 10 16:49:40 UTC 2013

Till,

On 2013-01-10, at 9:20 AM, Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have this on my to-do list for CUPS, but thus far haven't had the time to write it...
>>

> For when this is planned? 1.7?

Definitely not for 1.7 - I simply don't have the time to complete it.  And at some point in the (hopefully near) future it will be unnecessary since we'll have a "native" IPP Everywhere rendering pipeline that does not depend on PPDs.

I just created a cups.org bug to track this, since I didn't previous have one:

    http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4258

> In scheduler/conf.c is a line
>
>  cupsdSetString(&DNSSDSubTypes, "_cups,_print");
>
> Does this not mean that
>
>  BrowseDNSSDSubTypes _cups,_print
>
> is already set by default, not needing to set it in cupsd.conf?

Whoops, my bad.  Yes, I guess I already made that change... :)