[Printing-architecture] CUPS 1.7.x packaged for Ubuntu!

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 16:47:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have packaged CUPS 1.7b1, a first beta version of the 1.7.x series of
CUPS and uploaded it to my Ubuntu PPA [1] for both Raring and Saucy,
both based on the current Debian 1.6.2-8 package of CUPS (source
packages of Raring and Saucy version are identical).

There are only a few new features, mainly API enhancements [2]:

     - Improved support for paid, PIN, and release printing
     - Expanded support for IPP Everywhere
     - Automatic support for data compression
     - Improved CUPS APIs

Note that most of the upstream web site is down currently, so I do not
have much more info about the new release.

Please try it out and report your experiences here.

   Till

[1]https://launchpad.net/~till-kamppeter/+archive/ppa
[2]http://www.cups.org/index.php