[Printing-architecture] CUPS 1.6.3 is now live
msweet at apple.com
Thu Jul 11 21:18:40 UTC 2013
For lack of a mailing list, I'm posting here. CUPS 1.6.3 is now live on cups.org...
CUPS 1.6.3 fixes some compatibility issues with servers running CUPS 1.3.12 or older, fixes some general printing bugs, and fixes some minor security issues. Changes include:
• The configure script now prefers Clang over GCC.
• Fixed a compile problem on AIX (STR #4307)
• The default IPP version did not always get set before creating a new IPP request message (<rdar://problem/14401718>)
• The lp, lpq, lpr, and lpstat now display an error message advising the use of the /version=1.1 ServerName option (<rdar://problem/14290628>)
• Added documentation about the /version=1.1 option to ServerName in client.conf (<rdar://problem/14216262>)
• httpStatus(HTTP_ERROR) did not return a useful error message (<rdar://problem/14217326>)
• The lp, lpq, lpr, and lpstat commands incorrectly ignored the default printer set in the lpoptions file (<rdar://problem/14216472>)
• Fixed a URI encoding issue for hostnames containing the ` (backquote) character (<rdar://problem/14243133>)
• Added support for RFC 6874's IPv6 link local address format in URIs (<rdar://problem/13979453>)
• The USB backend could crash on libusb-based systems if USB was disabled in the BIOS (<rdar://problem/13875729>)
• Fixed a rounding error in the PWG media size mapping code (<rdar://problem/13493241>)
• Fixed several ipptool test files that used old STATUS names.
• Kerberos credentials could get truncated when printing to a shared printer.
• Printing using "ipps" URIs was not encrypted.
• Insecure ICC profiles prevented installation of user profiles for a printer on OS X.
• Added more USB quirks for the libusb-based backend (STR #4311, <rdar://problem/13736470>)
• The Russian web interface templates were broken (STR #4310)
• The scheduler no longer tries to do Kerberos authentication over the loopback interface.
• The IPP backend could fail to pause a job for authentication (STR #4298)
• Fixed a regression on the handling of auth keys on OS X if the cups-files.conf was not present or did not contain a SystemAuthKey value.
• The scheduler incorrectly did a reverse lookup of the server address when HostNameLookups was turned off (STR #4302)
• The scheduler incorrectly computed the final content type value when null filters were present.
Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer, PWG Chair
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Printing-architecture