[Printing-architecture] CUPS 1.7rc1 now live
msweet at apple.com
Thu Jul 11 21:28:25 UTC 2013
Not just one CUPS release but two!
CUPS 1.7rc1 is our first release candidate for CUPS 1.7.0 and includes the fixes from CUPS 1.6.3, adds a new ippfind utility, fixes some issues in the ipptool utility, and fixes some general printing bugs. Changes include:
• Printer xxx-default values were not reported by Get-Printer-Attributes or lpoptions (<rdar://problem/14401795>)
• Fixed deprecation warnings for many functions on OS X so they are tied to the deployment version when building (<rdar://problem/14210079>)
• Fixed a build issue on ARM-based Linux systems - unable to validate va_list arguments.
• Added a new ippfind tool for finding IPP printers and other Bonjour services (<rdar://problem/13876199>)
• Fixed some issues with conversion of PWG media size names to hundredths of millimeters (<rdar://problem/14065748>)
• The IPP backend could crash on OS X when printing to a Kerberized printer (<rdar://problem/14040186>)
• The ipptool program now automatically extends timeouts when the output buffer is filled (<rdar://problem/14016099>)
• The ipptool program now supports the --help and --version options.
• The ipptool program did not continue past include file errors by default (<rdar://problem/13875803>)
• The ipptool program now supports FILE-ID and TEST-ID directives and includes their values in its XML output (<rdar://problem/13876038>)
• The ipptool program now supports WITH-HOSTNAME, WITH-RESOURCE, and WITH-SCHEME expect predicates to compare the corresponding URI components (<rdar://problem/13876091>)
Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer, PWG Chair
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Printing-architecture