[Printing-architecture] CUPS 1.6.3 is now live

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Jul 11 22:32:07 UTC 2013

Chris,

On Jul 11, 2013, at 5:35 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2013, at 3:18 PM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> 	• Insecure ICC profiles prevented installation of user profiles for a printer on OS X.
>
> I'm curious what entails an insecure ICC profile. Is this a package containing an ICC profile with the wrong DAC permissions set?

As in "Joe just installed a bunch of ICC profiles with 666 permissions in his home folder and pointed to them from the PPD file."

We haven't supported system-wide registration of user-owned ICC profiles since CUPS 1.5, but what we did before was completely omit the registration of the printer which made it impossible to later fix things through ColorSync Utility.  With the fix ColorSync actually knows about the printer and allows you to register user profiles.