[Printing-architecture] printers.conf frequently gets truncated to zero length after unclean shutdowns

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Jul 26 22:10:24 UTC 2013

Eric,

On Jul 26, 2013, at 5:55 PM, Eric Sandeen <sandeen at redhat.com> wrote:
> Otherwise, this seems good.  The icing on the cake would be to fsync the parent dir after the renames are done...

Yeah, but then we start getting into the really-OS-and-filesystem-specific code. I'm happy to incorporate Linux-specific code if you provide it, but I know for sure that a simple open+fsync+close of directories doesn't work in general - the only portable way I know of is sync(2), which is a sledgehammer...