[Printing-architecture] OP folks - we need an WS-Discovery prototype for IPP Everywhere

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 17:01:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

Here's a request for Open Printing community help from IEEE-ISTO
Printer Working Group, per our face-to-face meeting last week.

Since IPP Everywhere printers *must* support both DNS-SD (Bonjour)
and WS-Discovery for service discovery by clients, our PWG effort to
finish up the tools for free vendor IPP Everywhere Self-Certification has
one gap.

We need a volunteer to write a tool to capture printer-specific attributes
for WS-Discovery, for example using the gsoap toolkit or the the free (but
Windows-only) Microsoft WSD Debug tool (which can be scripted).

See details in chapters 4 and 9 of IPP Everywhere (PWG 5100.14):

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-ippeve10-20130128-5100.14.pdf

If anyone in the Open Printing community can help, please reply to this
mailing list or to me privately, if you wish.

Cheers,
- Ira (PWG Secretary and IPP WG Co-Chair hats on)

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com