[Printing-architecture] Different Collate option handling in pdftopdf and pstops

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Dec 9 14:55:16 UTC 2013

Andrey,

One could argue that pdftopdf should support the cupsManualCopies keyword and generate page references to effectively do multiple copies.

However, given that PDF is NOT a streaming format (at least not for the printer, since it needs the entire document to print an arbitrary PDF file) it seems inconceivable that you would have a PDF printer that does not support (collated) copy generation.  And in fact it is a hard requirement for IPP Everywhere printers that support PDF.

How are you printing the PDF to the printer?  (output of lpstat -v would be useful)

What driver are you using?