[Printing-architecture] Options in /etc/cups/printers.conf

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Feb 25 23:00:37 UTC 2014

MS> If you know of some GIT-fu that will allow me to push the SVN history
MS> from the old repository onto the new one (or start with easysw.com's
MS> SVN repo and then overlay and track new changes from the apple.com SVN
MS> repo) then I'll be happy to rebuild the GIT mirror.

It is probably doable.  Publishing a git repo with the the old data in
parallel with the current repo would help get the surgery planned.

Also, it is possible to update www.cups.org to support git's smart
git/http protocol?  (Cf the man page for git-http-backend.  It runs
as a CGI.)  It would improve clones and pulls, as well as provide
users with progress info akin to that seem when using git:// URIs.

-JimC