[Printing-architecture] ippusbd license

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 18:35:57 UTC 2014

On 06/12/2014 02:45 AM, James Cloos wrote:
> I though I sent a note about this earlier, but it looks like i did not.
>
> When Daniel and I spoke before coding started, he said he wants to
> release the code under GPL3.
>
> Given cups' and cups-filters' licensing, is that acceptable to LF?

I am free in licensing the code of the OpenPrinting projects. LF is not
requiring anything special.

> Even though I am a GNU maintainer, and thus support gpl3, I was
> concerned about the compatibility issues, but could not dissuade him.

GPL3 or GPL3+ is OK for me if it does not conflict with the use of any
of the libraries used by ippusbxd.

I suggest to get some more opinions on the printing-architecture list.
Therefore I am CCing the list now.