[Printing-architecture] ippusbd license

Daniel Dressler danieru.dressler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 08:19:55 UTC 2014

With some thought maybe I've been too much of a stick in the mud.

If I ask myself "what would it take for me to want to release ippusbxd
under a non-copyleft license", my answer is adoption of IPP by
Android.

I think Android has been a massive boon to user freedoms. Yet they did
it by allowing but discouraging restriction of user freedoms by phone
manufacturers. The final result has been more freedoms for the users.
There was a time where it looked like every Android phone would be
locked at the bootloader. Now the major manufacturers have simple
unlock procedures.

In short: I am very interested in working with anyone brining IPP to
Android and re-licensing ippusbxd is included in that offer.

Daniel