[Printing-architecture] Number of copies in pure PDF workflow

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Oct 7 22:40:39 UTC 2014

Till,

> On Oct 7, 2014, at 4:03 PM, Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter at gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I make pdftopdf add an IPP attribute to the job which generates
> the copies with the attribute being passed on to the printer by the IPP
> backend (when output format is set to PDF or PWG Raster by a cupsFilter2
> keyword in the PPD.

You don't have control over that; if the output format (FINAL_CONTENT_TYPE) is application/pdf, application/vnd.cups-pdf, or image/*, then the backend will generate suitable IPP Job Template attributes based on the PPD.

> And for PPD-less printing, how do I set the FINAL_CONTENT_TYPE there? Is
> it possible to do it out of a System V interface script?

Through the CUPS filter chain, you don't.  A queue using an interface script will NEVER send IPP Job Template attributes. (interface scripts are strictly for backwards compatibility and their days are numbered...)