[Printing-architecture] Number of copies in pure PDF workflow

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 16:17:12 UTC 2014

On 10/15/2014 03:12 PM, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> 2. setting ppd->jcl_ps=concat("...SET COPIES...\n",
> JCLToPDFInterpreter->value)

I tried this route and got it to actually work with the attached patch.
I have also taken into account to not duplicate "SET COPIES=..." if the
PPD has a "Copies" option (but a ΅Copies" option is not recommended in
the PPD as it is confusing and now not needed any more). The patch is
rather simple.

Please try it out and see whether it works on your printer. If your PPD
has a "Copies" option, try removing it.

And anyone reading this, please tell whether the patch is OK or can
cause problems in certain situations.