[Printing-architecture] Number of copies in pure PDF workflow

Tobias Hoffmann lprint-list at thax.hardliners.org
Wed Oct 15 19:02:27 UTC 2014

On 15/10/14 19:06, Alex Korobkin wrote:
> Till, your patch works for me, at least for pure PDF workflow. I
> haven't tested all cases yet, just a JCL-based PPD and a PDF printing.
>
> Tobias, I haven't tested your patch. Is it different from Till's patch?

Till's patch only reached me after if sent mine, but, the basic idea is
obviously the same.
My patch
1) also fixes an existing issue of memory ownership when ppd->jcl_ps is
replaced
2) will only insert @PCL SET COPIES, when jcl_begin uses the known PJL
begin sequence (copied from what pstops does wrt. to PCL).

3) but it does not handle *Copies specially. That did not seem that
important to me; it probably makes some  sense for the
"*JCLToPDFInterpreter exists, but it's not PCL" case.

IMO a final patch should include 1) and 2), and might also include 3).

   Tobias