[Printing-architecture] CUPS STR #4521: Unexplained high CPU use by cupsd on Linux...

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Tue Dec 2 19:43:57 UTC 2014

Le mardi 02 décembre 2014 à 11:35 -0500, Michael Sweet a écrit :
> All,
>
> We've received several bug reports about cupsd using 100% CPU, either on startup or after connecting/turning on a printer:
>
>     https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4521
>
> I cannot reproduce myself, but was hoping someone more familiar with all of the helper programs running on Linux might be able to shed some light on this?

Isn't this that the issue with the /tmp filling bug?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-config-printer/+bug/1156398

There was a similar bug reported on Debian.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B