[Printing-architecture] Upstream future of ippusbxd

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Jul 7 12:10:30 UTC 2015

TK> I am thinking about joining [ippusbxd] into the cups-filters
TK> upstream package to not have too many tiny packages to make up the
TK> complete printing stack and cups-filters contains all
TK> manufacturer-independent software for communication with printers
TK> which is not part of CUPS itself.

Be sure, if you do, to note the licensing issues for all of those who
packages cups-filters for distributions.

And also make sure that nothing which derrives from Mike's code ever
inter-links with anythig which derrives from Daniel's, since the
licenses are incompatible.  (GPL2 vs Apache2).

(As mentor, I advised Daniel that the licence should be compatible with
cups.  He refused.)

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6