[Printing-architecture] Upstream future of ippusbxd

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Jul 8 09:12:36 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Jul 7 12:02 James Cloos wrote (excerpt):
> TK> I am thinking about joining [ippusbxd] into the cups-filters
> TK> upstream package to not have too many tiny packages
> JC>> licenses are incompatible.  (GPL2 vs Apache2).
> If, after some time, anyone looks ast the code and thinks
> that something can be merged or thst one set of code could
> be improved by incorporating something from the other set,
> they need to know the legal limitations.

This is a good example how it could happen that accidentally
convoluted code is made with unexpected interdependencies
(in this case there are legal interdependencies) and why
it is probably better to keep separated things separated.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)