[Printing-architecture] [cups-devel] Communication between IPP printer and "ipp" CUPS backend

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 19:34:49 UTC 2015

On 09/15/2015 09:32 PM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) wrote:
> Hi Till,
>
> Sorry for not replying earlier. Would you have any USB traces from Wireshark or a Beagle protocol analyzer, or logs, and/or the corresponding document files, so that we could try to repro it internally?
>
> Smith

As the problem always occurs after 4 or 5 successful jobs (all the jobs
being the same one) after turning on the printer, it seems that some
data is accumulating in some buffer of the printer which runs full after
a certain amount of activity making the printer blocking.

Perhaps it is data which the printer tries to send to the client without
being an answer to a request from the client but sent spontaneously by
the printer. ippusbxd does not pick up such data from the printer as it
waits for data from the printer only as an answer to a request which it
has sent.