[Printing-architecture] Are there really XPS-only printers?

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 21:18:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

I would like to know whether there are really printers which understand
only XPS (plus some secret proprietary protocols) and no PDF,
PostScript, PWG Raster, ...?

In this case I would need to add XPS printing support to Linux so that
this class of printers gets supported. There is already a free software
implementation in Ghostscript which would need to get supported by
cups-filters and for phones one could also make a rastertoxps filter to
get more lightweight support.

If there are such printers can someone give a list of models here so
that I could perhaps get hold on one? Thanks in advance.