[Printing-architecture] Status and future of the Common Printing Dialog (CPD)

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Sat Mar 26 17:01:13 UTC 2016

On 26 March 2016 at 15:42, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 March 2016 at 15:03, Michael Weghorn <m.weghorn at posteo.de> wrote:
>> Could somebody possibly say something about the current status of the
>> Common Printing Dialog?
>
> Last time I spoke to the GTK maintainers and the GNOME Design team
> there was a total lack of support for the project.
>
> Richard

While the usual Qt policy is to use the host platform facilities where
available, Qt has no interest in using CPD either, at least not in the
architecture proposed. There were too many implementation issues and
no funding for the required cross-platform architectural changes that
Qt would have required.

John.