[Printing-architecture] Status and future of the Common Printing Dialog (CPD)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:23:41 UTC 2016

On 27 March 2016 at 17:04, peter sikking <peter at mmiworks.net> wrote:
> it was just that the parties who would reap all the value of
> this would not support it with what matters: budget. having
> paid for a good part of the design work out of my own pocket,
> that riled me.

I always was a bit confused by this; did you expect the desktop
environments to take your design work and reference implementation and
donate some unknown amount of money to you for your time? Surely doing
the work and then saying "here, you should use this" to the desktop
projects each with design teams of their own was never going to go
well.

Richard