[Printing-architecture] [lsb-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2016 - Many new applications

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 18:33:59 UTC 2016

On 03/28/2016 11:42 AM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 03:07:18PM -0300, Till Kamppeter wrote:
>>> If there's anything else I need to do here, becides try to find a
>>> co-mentor, please let me know.
>>>

>> I am grateful if you could enter as co-mentor, especially if there is any
>> kernel project now which has only one mentor.
>
> I don't understand, we only have one kernel project with one proposed
> mentor (me) right now, are we requiring all projects to have 2 mentors
> now?  I've never done it that way in the past...

Generally, a single person can mentor a student, but if something
unforeseen happens to a mentor, there is a backup. The backup mentor
actually does not need to mentor as long as there is all OK with the
primary mentor. He only needs to "WANT TO MENTOR" to later on be able to
do the evaluations if the primary mentor is not able to do so.