[Printing-architecture] snmp - average-toner-coverage per page

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon May 9 10:54:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

Speaking as the primary editor of IETF Printer MIB v2 (RFC 3805):

Counter units in the Printer MIB are determined by the implementation
and cannot be changed remotely.

Ever since IETF Printer MIB v1 (RFC 1759), it has been true that a given
Printer can update work counters whenever the implementation chooses
(for example, only at the completion of an entire job).  There has never
been a requirement that a Printer must update work counters at every
page.

Simply put - you can't get there from here.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com