[Printing-architecture] Hosting of OpenPrinting

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 16:30:18 UTC 2016

Hi,

for the time being until I will (hopefully) come around with the call
next week, I will give you all something to think about and a call for help.

It is about the web hosting of OpenPrinting. You now that we are hosted
at the Linux Foundation currently. And with the Linux Foundation there
are problems, in the form that I do not get any help by the system
admins any more. The front page (www.openprinting.org) is messed up and
I cannot change it any more. Therefore I asked the help desk already
several times and never got an answer.

So for me it seems that the best is to move.

For the BZR repositories I am thinking about converting to GIT and use
GIThub. CUPS and many other projects are already there. I would also
handle the bug tracking there.

What does not work on GIThub (or does it already?) is to have a general
LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Python/Perl) server to run the database
and also the documentation, mailing lists, announcements, ... I think I
would drop the forums then and go back to mailing lists.

Perhaps the PWG could help me?

A problem would be the domain www.openprinting.org, to get it moved from
the Linux Foundation to the new place. Or should we perhaps rename the
project as a last mean.

I appreciate any kind of help.