[Printing-architecture] Fwd: First IPP Everywhere Self-Certified Printers !!!

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 01:11:28 UTC 2016

On 10/04/2016 01:45 PM, Ira McDonald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very pleased to announce the HP has successfully self-certified
> twenty (20) IPP Everywhere Printer models!

Thank you very much for the info.

And congrats to HP to certify the first ones.

> The following new IPP Everywhere Printers have been submitted to the PWG
> web site:
>
>   - HP DesignJet T730 36-in Printer
>   - HP DesignJet T830 Multifunction Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet 8702 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8712 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8714 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8716 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8717 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8718 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8719 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8722 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8723 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8724 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8725 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8726 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8727 All-in-One Printer
>   - HP OfficeJet Pro 8728 All-in-One Printer

When I look through them, these are actually only 5 models:

    - HP DesignJet T730 36-in Printer
    - HP DesignJet T830 Multifunction Printer
    - HP OfficeJet 8702 All-in-One Printer
    - HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer Series
    - HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer Series

When only the last digit of the number differs, these are only variants
with regional adaptations. The printer itself is the same but the power
supply can be 110 V or 220 V, the power cord can be with different plug
and the printers front panel (what is printed on the printer's shell)
can be in different languages.

So I would like to see the IEEE-1284 device IDs for that printers, as
for listing them on OpenPrinting.org, there should be one printer entry
per device ID.

I would then add a driver entry called "IPP Everywhere" and make it the
recommended "driver" for these printers.

I have also discovered a bug on

http://www.pwg.org/dynamo/eveprinters.php

The link of the HP OfficeJet 8702 All-in-One Printer leads to HP's page
of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer series.