[Printing-architecture] IPP Scanning: GSoC project for a SANE module for IPP-based driverless scanning?

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:54:30 UTC 2017

Hi Till,

Manufacturers *never* pre-announce forthcoming multi-function products.
Until someone actually ships and announces an IPP Scan-capable device,
PWG folks won't know any more than you do.

I think that for GSoC2017, IPP Scan is premature as a project.  We first
need to finish IPP System Service, get it prototyped, and get it into new
products.  That's the only way to do coordinated startup/shutdown of
individual services on an MFD.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Jan-April: 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
May-Dec: PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434