[Printing-architecture] CUPS and PPD

Pascal Obry pascal at obry.net
Wed Dec 13 20:25:07 UTC 2017

Michael,

> First, make sure you've gotten a copy of the attributes from the
> device with cupsCopyDestInfo.

Right, this is done on my code.

> Second, make sure your printer actually reports the media types
> separately; the following command will show:
>
>     ipptool -tv PRINTER-URI get-printer-attributes.test | grep media-
> type-supported

$ ipptool -tv http://localhost:631/printers/Epson_Stylus_Pro_3880 get-printer-attributes.test | grep media-type-supported
        media-type-supported (1setOf keyword) =
stationery,postcard,photographic-glossy,transparency,envelope,back-
film,photographic-matte,matte-heavy,stationery-inkjet,stationery-
coated,photo,photographic-glossy,semigloss,luster,archival-matte,water-
color-radiant,photographic-glossy,ilford,color-life,other

> (the CUPS media APIs help insulate you from dealing with these things
> BTW...)

I'm certainly missing some information here. I've only worked with the
PPD API, so all this is new to me and I do not find lot of
documentation around.

Thanks,

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B