[Printing-architecture] REMINDER - OP call Tuesday (4 June 2019)

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 07:36:23 UTC 2019

I am not able to do our call today and also not on the 11th (next week).
Should we drop the call for this month then?

By the way, CUPS 2.3.0 is released and I have released cups-filters
1.24.0 (with Deepak Patankar's GSoC 2018 project of printer auto
selection). system-config-printer is now hosted on OpenPrinting's
GitHub, too (but Zdenek Dohnal from Red Hat continues maintaining).

https://github.com/apple/cups/blob/master/CHANGES.md
https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups-filters/releases/tag/release-1-24-0
https://github.com/OpenPrinting/system-config-printer

Tanmay Anand, GSOC 2019 student on removing the use of
unstable/undocumented Poppler APIs from pdftoraster in cups-filters has
made great progress and nearly completed his project (there is still
some time to go for first evaluations). If he completes early we should
give him another task. Which one needs still to be determined.

The Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit will be a special for 15 years
of GSoC and take place in Munich. Aveek and me will go, for me it is
around the corner from Vienna.

Complete summary will come later.

    Till