[Printing-architecture] LGTM - FREE security scan for open source software

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 22:32:33 UTC 2019

On 20/11/2019 21:41, Ira McDonald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As Mike Sweet reported, during today's PWG Virtual F2F meeting, the PWG
> ippsample tools now use automated security scanning of updates by LGTM.
>
> Mike has been favorably impressed by the competence and professionalism
> of the LGTM staff (e.g., when reporting false positives).
>
> I suggest that this is worth integrating into the CUPS Filters and GSoC
> projects development processes as well.
>
> https://lgtm.com/
>
> WDYT?

I have looked into it, too, and when doing investigations for the implementation
of driverless IPP scanning I saw it in PWG's ippsample.

Also, all the OpenPrinting projects are on GitHub now, so I think we should
start to use it.

Is it possible o create an organization account under lgtm, or organizations
within an account, like in GitHub, where users can be added and removed? This
way LGTM operation would not get hardwired to a single person.