[Printing-architecture] GTK Print Dialog: Modern IPP printing environments cause problems

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 13:46:10 UTC 2020

On 29/07/2020 14:54, Zdenek Dohnal wrote:
> Then how would you explain printing from GTK works for some cases via
> DNS-SD based queue as it worked in our office? If it didn't work
> completely, it would be more tickets about the issue.

This is really strange for me, too, especially that I can access my
printer correctly when not using the GTK dialog.

Marek, when the dialog discovers an IPP network printer via
DNS-SD/Avahi, without using CUPS, how does the dialog then poll the
printer's capability information? Is it directly doing a
get-printer-attributes IPP request? Which URI is it using and which
arguments ("all", "media-col-database", ...)? Or is it using some API
function of CUPS?